Local attractions in the area include:
- Golf : Minchinhampton Old and New Courses – 3 number 18 hole courses Golf
- Golf: Cotswold Edge – 18 hole golf course
- Golf : Painswick – 18 hole golf course
- Golf : Stinchcombe Hill – 18 hole golf course
- Rush Skate Park – 65,000 sqft of serious indoor skateboard/scooter/bike park suitable for all levels including world champions !
- Stroud Farmers market – Award winning market provides local organic products on Saturday mornings
- Westonbirt Arboretum – 15,000 specimens that change with the seasons. Westonbirt is also a concert venue during the Summer.
- Woodchester Mansion – 19th Century Victorian Gothic Grade I Masterpiece mysteriously abandoned mid-construction in 1873
- Cotswold Water Park – 150 lakes set over 40 square miles, offering a wide range of activities.
- Cattle Country – A range of activities for the young family.
- Berkeley Castle – Norman Castle retaining many of its original features.
- Gloucester Cathedral – Holds a mixed and varied events calendar, as well as a place of worship.
- Slimbridge WWT – Wildlife close up for All.
- Gloucester Rugby – Premiership rugby at its best, played at Kingsholm !
- Forest Green Rovers FC – Vanarama National League team, played at the New Lawn
- Cotswold Gliding Club – based at Ashton Down airfield, the club is one of the most progressive in the country with an excellent training fleet.